#6542
Rebecca Conway
Participant

1). I would choose option 1. Sarah is in a very difficult situation, to be away from her newborn child who is very poorly must be incredibly hard. I would speak to the hospital to arrange a time that would suit both parties. To refuse the call would only increase Sarah’s distress and anxieties hindering her own recovery.
2). ! would choose option 2. As a nurse we are there to provide holistic care and not just treat the physical symptoms but provide emotional support as well. I would make her aware of who I am and first ask her if she would like some company and conversation. Everyone deals with traumatic situations differently and she may want to be left alone for a while before talking to someone. I would inform her of plans for treatment made by medical professionals and also ask her what she would like to happen and pass this information on.
3). I would choose option 3. Sarah has full capacity and doesn’t pose a threat so it would be difficult to keep her there. I would ensure she knows the repercussions of her actions and try to convince her to stay. I would have a conversation with her and come to an agreement to try and get her more video calls with Theo to ease her anxiety. I would ensure she discusses her decision with her partner before making the final decision.

css.php